326.________ program gives instructions regarding operations inside the computer.
Answer: System software
327. The first electronic computer was made in the year
328. The record produced in an audit trail is known as
Answer: Journal tape
329. A group of magnetic tapes, videos, or terminals usually under the control of one master is called a
330.________ is an alternative form of binary code.
Answer: Gray code
331. Which of the following layers is responsible for token management?
Answer: Network layer
332. In a ________ topology, a network that contains multiple hubs is most likely configured.
333. Communication between a computer and a CPU uses ________ transmission mode.
334.ISDN is an acronym for
Answer: Integrated Services Digital Network
335. In which of the following networks, irregular topologies are used?
336.________ standard describes the CSMA/CD protocol.
Answer: IEEE 802.3
337. COBOL is used in ________ applications.
338. In MS Excel, to display the current date only ________ is used.
Answer: Today ()
339. To rename the currently highlighted object ________ is used.
340. To display the window system properties dialogue, which of the following short cut keys is used?
Answer: Windows key + Pause
341. A permanent virtual circuit involves
Answer: Data transfer
342.________ input/output device is not associated with personal computers.
Answer: Punched cards
343. A computer enthusiast is called
Answer: None of these
344. The actual execution of instructions in a computer takes place in
Answer: Arithmetic logic unit
345.________ function displays row data in a column or column data in a row. Answer: Transpose
346. Multiple calculations can be done by a single formula using
Answer: Array formula
347. Which of the following charts can be created in Excel?
Answer: All the above
348.________ type of commercial Internet service providers are most widely used.
349. Moving from one website to another is called
350. Which of the following is not one of the basic elements of an e-mail message?
351. Newsgroups use a special network of computers called
Answer: Use net
352.________ are specialized utility programs that make using the Internet and the web easier and safer.
Answer: Web Utilities
353. The process that rearranges file fragments into contiguous files is called
354.________ virus describes the awful consequences of not acting immediately.
Answer: Misleading e-mail
355. A computer infected with a malware bot is called
356. POS data entry system is used most extensively by the
Answer: Grocery industry
357. A ________ is a non-impact printer that can produce very high-quality, letter-perfect printing.
Answer: Laser printer
358. A computer can do nothing without a
359. RAM chip was invented by ________ company.
360. The first item defined for a new system is its
361. The language that the computer can understand and execute is
Answer: Machine language
362. The number used to identify a storage location is called
Answer: An address
363. A CD-ROM is
Answer: An optical ROM
364. The computer device used primarily to provide hard copies is
Answer: Line printer
365. Which of the following devices can be used directly to input printed text? Answer: OCR
366. In computer terminology, a compiler is
Answer: A program that translates a source program into object code
367. The best graphics reproduction is produced by
Answer: Laser printer
368. AND and NOT logical operations are performed in
369. Ethernet uses
Answer: Bus topology
370. The single-user operating system does not have
Answer: CPU scheduling module
371. Computers send data to peripherals with the help of
Answer: Parallel I/O interface
372. Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN) lines provide
Answer: Both data and voice circuits
373. A transaction file is a type of
Answer: Data file
374. Which of the following programs is not a utility?
375. The operating system manages
Answer: All of these