376. A network consists of interconnected
377. Which is not true for LAN?
Answer: It is a public network.
378. Which of the following is not a transmission medium?
379. Faster data communication is possible using
Answer: Optical fiber
380. The operation of a digital computer is based on ________ principle.
381.HTML viruses infect
Answer: Your computer
382. The scrambling of code is known as
383. Which of the following moves the cursor one space to the right to put spaces in between words?
Answer: Space bar
384. When your computer suddenly stops working, it is referred to as
385. A program that works like a calculator for keeping track of money and making budgets, is called
386. The most frequently used instructions of a computer program are likely to be fetched from
Answer: Cache memory
387. Verification of a login name and password is known as 1) configuration 2) accessibility 3) authentication 4) logging in 5) None of these
388. In a ring topology, the computer in possession of the ________ can transmit data.
389. You must install a/an ________ on a network if you want to share an Internet connection.
390. The system unit of a personal computer typically contains all of the following except
391. A small or intelligent device is so called because it contains within it a
Answer: sensor 5) None of these
392.EPROM can be used for
Answer: 1) and 2)
393. The 16-bit microprocessor means that it has
Answer: 16 data lines
394. What does SNMP stand for?
Answer: Simple Network Management Protocol
395.________ temporarily holds program instructions, data, and output until they are no longer needed by the computer.
Answer: Floppy disk
396. Basic Input Output System (BIOS) is necessary for
397.SQL stands for
Answer: Structured Query Language
398. A hard drive consists of spinning ________ made up of aluminum or ceramic that is coated with magnetic media.
399. POST stands for
Answer: Power-On Self-Test
400. Which of the following is not an example of a virus?