1. Who are the recipients of the 2023 UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize?
Answer: Three Iranian female journalists.
2. Who is the current president of Iran?
Answer: Ebrahim Raisi.
3. Amitabh Kant, who served as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) (2016-2022), has authored a new book titled “Made In India: 75 Years of Business and Enterprise”. Who is the Vice Chairperson of NITI Aayog at present( April 2023)?
Answer: Suman Bery.
4. Officials announced on Monday that the deadline for the Smart Cities Mission will be extended until June 2024. When was the Smart Cities Mission launched?
Answer: June 2015.
5. What is the budget allocation for the Smart Cities Mission ?
Answer: Rs 16,000 crore.
6. Which organization produces the annual World Press Freedom Index?
Answer: Reporters Without Borders.
7. Science 20 Engagement Group meeting under India’s G20 Presidency begins. Where was the Thematic Conference organized by Science 20 held?
8. HDFC Bank has introduced its digital distribution platform, HDFC Bank Smart Saathi, to connect which to the bank.
Answer: Business correspondents and business facilitators.
9. Who is the CEO and MD(April 2023) of HDFC Bank?
Answer: Sashidhar Jagdishan.
10. Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is organizing “Ekta Evam Shradhanjali Abhiyan” as part of its 64th BRO Day Celebrations. Which of the following statements about Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is correct?
Answer: BRO is responsible for the construction and maintenance of roads in India’s border areas.