1. A convex lens of glass has power P in air. If it is immersed in water, what will be its power?
Answer: Less than P
2. The internal secretion of which acid helps in digestion?
Answer: Hydrochloric acid
3. Who is responsible for the registration of voters?
Answer: Election Commission
4. If a place is located at 20°N, 80°E in which continents does it lie ?
5. Which was a Pala Ruler who was raised to the throne by different sections of people?
6. How is the tax which is paid by the person on whom the tax is incident?
Answer: Direct tax
7. Jaspal Rana is a distinguished athlete in which game?
8. Which is used in welding industry?
9. Where was the world’s first oil-well drilled in the nineteenth century ?
Answer: Titusfills in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
10. Which was a novelty in Shah Jahan’s buildings ?
Answer: Makrana marble
11. Companion cells are usually seen associated with which tube?
Answer: Sieve tube
12. Which is an extra Constitutional and non-statutory body?
Answer: Planning Commission
13. Who was the first lady Governor of an Indian state?
Answer: Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
14. In which country is the world’s highest hydel power project ‘Rongtong’ located?
15. During which reign was Tobacco introduced for cultivation?
16. Which is called a ‘banker’s cheque’ ?
Answer: Demand draft
17. Which types of waves are used in a night vision apparatus?
18. Which tissue in cells have lost the capicity of cell division?
Answer: Permanent tissue
19. 17th Parallel separates which country?
Answer: North and South Vietnam
20. Who established Fergusson College at Pune in the year 1885 ?
Answer: Deccan Education Society