1. Which is the oldest Development Financial Institution of India?
2. What is a powerful eye irritant present in smog?
Answer: Sulphur dioxide
3. Where is respiratory centre situated?
Answer: Medulla oblongata
4. Which part of the Earth’s surface receives the highest amount of insolation?
Answer: Tropical deserts
5. Which are manuals of instruction in the form of brief rules?
6. Who is the head of the National Defence Committee?
Answer: Home Minister
7. Who was the first Indian to be a Fellow of the Royal Society of London?
Answer: Srinivas Ramanujan
8. Prof. Amartya Sen has earned worldwide distinction in which field /area?
9. Mist is a result of which thing?
10. At where an example of Chola architecture can be seen?
11. How is the relative permeability of a diamagnetic material?
Answer: Less than unity
12. Which gland in human body is popularly called ‘Adam’s apple’?
13. Which was the first woman Governor of a State in free India?
Answer: Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
14. The intensity of insolation depends on which line?
15. Between which the famous Battle of Takkolam in South India was fought?
Answer: Cholas and Rashtrakutas
16. In India, the bank NABARD does not provide refinance to which bank?
Answer: Export-Import Banks
17. Crusade for human rights is associated with which name?
Answer: Jimmy Carter
18. Which nontoxic gas helps in formation of enzymes which ripen fruit?
19. Which desert is famous for its deposits of nitrates?
20. Which queen enjoyed political power along ‘with her husband?
Answer: Nur Jahan