1. Who among the following was an eminent Painter?
Answer. Sarada Ukil
2. Which colloidal solution is commonly used as germ killer?
Answer. Colloidal sulphur
3. Which is an insectivorous plant?
Answer. Pitcher plant
4. Which is a north flowing river?
5. Who followed the policy of ‘masterly inactivity’ towards Afghanistan?
Answer. Sir John Lawrence
6. Who was the Constitutional adviser to the Constituent Assembly of India?
Answer. Dr. B. N. Rao
7. Which Public Sector bank’ emblem figures a dog and the words ‘faithful, friendly’ in it?
Answer. Syndicate Bank
8. Yamini Krishnamurti is an accomplished exponent of which dance?
9. The river Cauvery flows from which state?
Answer. Karnataka to Tamil Nadu
10. The first census was conducted in India at the time of which governor general?
Answer. Lord Mayo
11. Which is the unit of activity of a radioactive source?
12. Between which set of blood groups, is the blood transfusion possible?
Answer. A and AB (A donor)
13. Which is the only Union Territory that has a High Court of its own?
14. Which region has Mediterranean type of climate?
Answer. Cape Town region of South Africa
15. Under whose guidance was the Congress policy of pray and petition ultimately come to an end?
Answer. Lala Lajpat Rai
16. When is International Holocaust Remembrance Day, recognized by the UN observed?
Answer. January 27
17. Which bank gives long term loan to farmers?
Answer. Land Development Bank
18. Medicines are more effective, if they are used in which state?
Answer. Colloidal state
19. Where is the expression of earliest volcanic activity in India found?
Answer. Dalmia hill
20. Where did the Indian National Army (I.N.A.) come into existence?