1. Karl Marx’s book ‘Das Kapital’ was published in which year?
2. What is Broad money in India?
3. Whose experiments proved that the speed of light was always the same?
Answer. Michelson and Morley
4. What is the name of the highest summit of Nilgiri Hills?
5. By which act was the office of the Secretary of State for India?
Answer. Government of India Act, 1858
6. Fish die in water bodies polluted by sewage, why?
Answer. Due to Reduction in oxygen
7. In which country did the concept of Public Interest Litigation originated?
Answer. The United States
8. Who is called the Father of English Poetry?
9. Nanda Devi peak forms a part of which range?
Answer. Kumaon Himalayas
10. The title of Governor-General was changed to that of Viceroy in which year?
11. Indra Nooyi is the Chief Executive Officer of which company?
12. What is produced during the formation of photochemical smog?
Answer. Nitrogen oxide
13. Which part of the cell is essential for protein synthesis?
14. Which National Highways of India is the longest?
Answer. NH 2
15. Before Delhi, where was the capital of India during the British India?
16. For the enforcement of Fundamental Rights, what can the Supreme Court do?
Answer. It may issue a writ
17. Regional Rural Banks are designed to work in which ideal?
Answer. Help the targetted groups
18. Which are the first Indian to swim across English Channel?
Answer. Mihir Sen
19. Which National Highways pass through Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Orissa?
Answer. NH 6
20. Who coined the slogan “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan” ?
Answer. Lal Bahadur Shastri