1. In which of the Five Year Plans, preference was given to the weaker sections of society?
2. Which local wind is not characteristically hot and dry?
3. What was Tipu Sultan’s major interest in building ships?
Answer. To promote trade and commerce
4. When is World Blind Day/World Sight Day observed?
Answer. October 15
5. Cirrhosis is a disease that affects which organ?
6. In which year did Congress lose its monopoly of power in the States for the first time after the elections?
7. Which predominantly acts as the agent of chemical erosion of soil?
Answer. Underground water
8. In which movements Bande Mataram was adopted as a slogan for agitation?
Answer. Partition of Bengal in 1905
9. What is the number of basic units in the International System of Units?
10. How many gold medals did P.T. Usha win in the 1986 Seoul Asian Games?
11. Upon which development the Second Five-Year Plan laid more stress?
12. Formation of potholes in river beds is an example of a thing?
13. Who was the founder of All India Harijan Sangha in 1932?
Answer. M. K. Gandhi
14. Milk, cheese, and eggs are the source of vitamins which vitamins?
Answer. A and D
15. Which Directive Principle is based on Gandhian ideology?
Answer. Promotion of cottage industries
16. Which type of glass can cut off ultraviolet rays?
Answer. Crookes glass
17. Asia accounts for nearly how many percent of the world’s population?
18. Who deciphered the Brahmi inscription of Ashoka first time?
Answer. James Princep
19. India reached the final of the Davis Cup for the first time in which year?
20. In which state is the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development located?
Answer. Tamil Nadu