1. By whom were the members of the Constituent Assembly elected?
Answer: By Provincial Assemblies
2. How much does one degree of the circumference of the earth measure (approx.)?
Answer: 111 km
3. Which dynasty succeeded the Chalukyas in Western India?
4. What is the Mode of transmission of heat in which heat is carried by a moving particle?
5. Who is not protected against inflation?
Answer: Agricultural farmers
6. The first Commonwealth Games were held in the year 1930 at which place?
Answer: Hamilton (Canada)
7. In the earth’s atmosphere, what changes in atmospheric pressure?
Answer: Decreases with height
8. During the reign of Iltutmish which was a silver coin in use?
9. A girl ate sweets while fanning the flies away. Due to this, she suffered from which disease?
10. What is the total number of High Courts in India at present?
11. Sodium carbonate crystals lose water molecules. What is this property called?
12. Where are the tropical cyclones-Hurricanes and Typhoons-develop and matured?
Answer: Anywhere in the tropical zone
13. What was Karaj in the thirteenth century?
Answer: Tax on cultivation
14. The Paratroopers Training School of the Indian, Air Force, is located at which place?
Answer: Agra (U.P.)
15. What is termed a period of high inflation and low economic growth?
16. Which cell organelle is semi-permeable?
Answer: Plasma membrane
17. In which country is Cork chiefly produced?
Answer: Cadiz (Spain)
18. What was the original name of Tansen, the famous musician in the court of Akbar?
Answer: Ramtanu Pande
19. When can the salaries of High Court judges be reduced?
Answer: During a Financial Emergency
20. Which electromagnetic radiation is most prevalent in the atmosphere?