Skip to content
- When did Mr. Attlee, Prime Minister of England, announce tile transfer of power to the Indians?
Answer: June 1948
- Who is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for the development of Wireless Telegraphy?
- What does Net factor income from abroad added to GDP give?
- What are tropical cyclones of the Bay of Bengal usually called?
- Which king of the Gupta Dynasty was called the Napolean of India’?
- Who was the first woman to win the Jnanpith Award?
Answer: Ashapurna Devi
- What is the single greatest current threat to biodiversity?
Answer: habitat destruction
- The Lok Sabha Secretariat comes under the direct supervision of which ministry?
Answer: Ministry of Human Affairs
- In India, what is the main limiting factor for cultivation?
Answer: Inadequacy of water supply
- Who is believed to have created the raga Miyan Ki Malhar?
- The fisher-Tropsch process is used in the manufacture of which liquid?
Answer: Synthetic petrol
- Dr. Rabindranath Tagore received the Nobel Prize for which work?
- PIIGS is the group of nations falling under which zone?
- Which state is the largest producer of black pepper in India?
- Which was a renowned Jain scholar who was greatly honoured by Akbar?
- Which gland is situated beneath the brain and whose oversecretion produces giant-size children?
- What is the maximum number of representatives of the States in Lok Sabha?
- Who laid the foundation of nuclear science in the country?
Answer: Homi J. Bhabha
- NASA’s Deep Impact space mission was employed to take detailed pictures of which comet nucleus?
Answer: Tempel 1
- Which site of Harappan is associated with rice cultivation?