Skip to content
- Which of the following has been found useful in keeping cholesterol levels down?
- Which Directive Principle is based on Gandhian ideology?
Answer: Promotion of cottage industries
- The tendency of a liquid drop to contract and why does it occupy a minimum area?
Answer: Due to Surface tension
- After how many years does Halley’s Comet appear once in a period?
- At which Harappan site has traces of a horse been found?
- When was the Reserve Bank of India taken over by the Government?
- Who was the first woman Chief Justice of a High Court?
Answer: Leila Seth
- What is the ready source of energy available for athletes?
- Which is the time required for the Earth to return to a given point in its orbit with reference to a fixed star?
Answer: Sideral year
- By whom was the Fourth Buddhist Council held?
- After a no-confidence motion is admitted to the Lok Sabha, who decides a date for the debate?
Answer: Lok Sabha Speaker
- Which metal was first discovered by man?
- Who said ‘At the stroke of midnight, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom’?
- When it is 12:00 noon in India, what would be the time in San Francisco (USA)?
Answer: 8: 30 p.m. of the previous day
- Which rulers held a religious assembly at Prayag every five years?
- For which purpose was the Nationalisation of banks done?
Answer: Consolidating the economy
- The urine of a diabetes patient contains more than the average quantity of which thing?
- How many times was the term of the Lok Sabha extended up to 6 years?
- Which activity occupies the largest area of the world?
Answer: Pastoral herding
- Which was the first scholar, who read Ashokan’s edicts?