126. What do you press to enter the current date in a cell?
Answer: CTRL+; (semicolon)
127. IT stands for
Answer: Information Technology
128. What type of resource is most likely to be a shared common resource in a computer network?
129. The vast network of computers that connects millions of people all over the world is called
130. Collecting personal information and effectively posing as another individual is known as the crime of
Answer: Identity theft
131. All the following are examples of real security and privacy risks except
132. A (n) ________ system is a small, wireless handheld computer that scans items, tags and pulls up the current price (and any special offer) as you shop.
133. Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
Answer: Analysing the data or information
134. A proxy server is used for which of the following?
Answer: To provide security against unauthorised users
135. All the logical and mathematical calculations done by the computer happen in/on the
Answer: Central processing unit
136. A ________ contains buttons and menus that provide quick access to commonly used commands.
Answer: Tool bar
137. Letters, numbers and symbols found on a keyboard are
138. Which is not an item of hardware?
Answer: An MP3 file
139. You click at B to make the text
140. ________ is the process of finding errors in software code.
141. To insert a copy of the clipboard contents, whatever was last cut or copied at the insertion point, you have to
142. This command is used to remove text or graphics from a document. The information is then stored on a clipboard so you can paste it
143. To exit the program without leaving the application:
144. to start or restart the computer:
145. A blinking indicator that shows you where your next action will happen:
146. An example of a processing device would be
Answer: A tablet PC
147. Which of the following is not a type of computer software which can be bought?
148. You can use _______ to copy selected text, and _______ to paste it in a document.
Answer: CTRL + C, CTRL + V
149. In the “C” language the function scant ( ) reads
Answer: Character and strings
150. The main memory of a computer can also be called
Answer: All of these
151. A menu contains a list of
152. Each __________ on a menu performs a specific action.
153. To make a notebook act as a desktop model, the notebook can be connected to a_____ which is connected to a monitor and other devices.
Answer: Docking station
154. To print an individual item in a file immediately click
155. To find an individual item in a file immediately:
Answer: Direct access
156. Which layers of the OSI model are included in the lower layers?
Answer: Data Link, Physical, Transport, Network
157. From the smallest to the largest, rank the following logical pieces of the database: data block, table space, extent, and segment.
Answer: Data block, extent, segment, table space
158. Where are cookies stored?
Answer: On the client
159. A _______ is a named set of characters that have the same characteristics.
160. A _______ is a pre-designed document that already has co-ordinating fonts, a layout, and a background:
161. An output device that let you see what the computer is doing:
Answer: Monitor screen
162. The bit is a contraction (short) of
Answer: Binary digit
163. To access a mainframe or a supercomputer, users often use a
164. the most common input devices are the ________ and the _________.
Answer: Keyboard, mouse
165. To save an existing file with a new name or to a new location, you should use the ________ command.
Answer: Save as
166. Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
Answer: Input, Process, Output, Storage
167. A byte can hold one ________ of data.
168. The operating system is the most common type of ________ software.
169. How do you print your slides in a hand-out that includes lines for notes?
Answer: In the Print dialog box, select Hand-outs and a number of slides per page, then select the Include comment pages option.
170. Suppose you have columns of data that span more than one printed page. How can you automatically print the column headings on each page?
Answer: Click Page Setup on the File menu, click the Sheet tab, and enter the row that contains these column headings under Print titles.
171. The process of preparing a floppy diskette for use is called
172. Which is the slowest internet connection service?
Answer: Dial-up Service
173. Every component of your computer is either
Answer: Hardware or software
174. If the destination does not receive a segment, how will the TCP host know how to resend the information?
Answer: The ACK received will include the segment number that was not received.
175. Small application programs that run on a Web page and may ensure a form is completed properly or provide animation are known as