401. A database that spreads information across different tables while maintaining links between them is referred to as
Answer: Relational database
402.________ is a method of storing data on two or more hard drives that work in combination to do the job for a larger drive.
403. C is a programming language developed for developing
Answer: UNIX Operating system
404. The First RAM chip was introduced by which of the following?
405.________ is a system that predates the World Wide Web for organizing and displaying files on internet servers.
406. A specialized network device that determines the next network point to which it can forward a data packet toward the destination of the packet is commonly known as
407. Timing and control unit is a part of a (n)
408. Chip is the common name for a (n)
Answer: Integrated circuit
409. Malicious software is known as
410. Name the key that will erase information from the computer memory and characters on the screen.
Answer: Delete key
411.________ determines the appearance of your desktop and controls the performance of your hardware.
Answer: Control Panel
412. The processing capability of a microcomputer can be enhanced with the help of
Answer: Expansion card
413. Which view is not available in Microsoft Word 2007?
1) Outline 2) Full Screen 3) Page Break
4) Draft 5) Print Layout
414. The collection of commands is called
415. Recycle Bin enables you to restore a file that was deleted from
416.________ bar appears immediately below the title bar and provides access to pull-down menus.
417. By default, number entries are
Answer: Righted aligned
418.________ process rearranges file fragments into contiguous files.
419. The memory card which is conceptually related to the smart card but is similar to the video disk is
Answer: Laser card
420. The main advantage of magnetic disk compared to magnetic tape is
Answer: Direct access
421. Which of the following printers is used in conjunction with computers and uses dry ink powder?
1) Daisy wheel 2) Thermal printer 3) Line printer 4) Laser printer 5) Band printer
422. Another term for the Internet is
423. Which of the following topologies is not of broadcast type?
424. Enterprise storage unit that uses DVD and CD discs as the storage medium is
425. The function of the ‘home key’ in a microcomputer is
Answer: To reposition the cursor